Tired? Cranky? Always hungry? Our bodies have a pretty clear way of telling us when it's time to hit re-set and detox. Contrary to popular belief, detoxing doesn't have to be a juice cleanse! It can be something as simple as being more mindful throughout the day, cooking your own food for a week (no processed ingredients), pledging to add more aromatherapy to your life, or trying out a new wellness practice like oil pulling or skin brushing for a month. Our cardiovascular, digestive and nervous systems react immediately to stress, alcohol and lack of sleep. They also react immediately to a meditative mind state by functioning properly and fluidly. If you can make the switch from chaotic to fluid... guess what? You're detoxing!
Watch the playlist above for recipes and tutorials!
- Stress Less: Don't let the little qualms throughout the day wear you out and stress out your body. We have 7 ways to de-stress (especially after work) here.
- Aromatherapy: Adding essential oils and aromatherapeutic techniques to daily routines has been proven beneficial for hundreds of years. We use them a lot, watch it all here.
- Dry Skin Brushing: An act of self-care, meditation and physical elimination of toxins... there's no reason that this wellness practice isn't worth a try. Watch how.
- Oil Pulling: An ancient Ayurveda technique that is said to pull toxins directly out of the mouth, aiding the digestive and respiratory system, and only takes 20 minutes. Watch how.
- Cook For Yourself: Try cooking at home every single day for one week and watch how different your body functions after eliminating all of the sodium and oils that restaurants tend to use.