A few years ago purple hair seemed like it was just a brief trend. Now that it has continued to be a popular hair color for many people it doesn't make sense to dismiss it as a flash in the pan trend. As it is a popular hair color choice right now it's a good idea for those who want to dip into the dye to figure out what makeup will compliment them and their purple hair.
Makeup Colors for Lighter Shades of Purple Hair
Choosing makeup colors for purple hair is as varied as the different shades of purple that can be used to dye one's hair. Something that may look fabulous with light purple hair may not look as good with darker shades of purple hair.
Makeup Colors for Darker Shades of Purple Hair
Daytime Makeup Looks for Purple Hair
With purple hair immediately the purple becomes the more dramatic feature in a look. Going with neutral tones for the makeup will suit the look best if the main focus point is the hair. Neutral browns and grey eyeshadows will work well. Mascara. Maybe some face contouring. Nicole Richie usually wears her makeup that way to pair with her purple locks.
Evening Makeup Looks for Purple Hair
- Allure' "Ten Best Purple Haired Celebs"
- Instyle; "Katy Perry's New Hair Color: Purple Velvet"
- Instyle; "Happy Birthday Kelly Osbourne! Here's a Look at Her Purple Hair"
- Lauren Conrad; "Pretty In Purple"
- Style Craze; "Makeup Tips for 8 Types of Colored Hair"
- Bustle; "How to Pull Off Purple Hair like a Celebrity"
- Hollywood Life; "Katy Perry Rocks Purple Hair and Long Lashes at 2015 Grammy Awards"
Amanda Goldfarb became a freelance writer in 2006. She has written many articles for "Oviedo TRI-Lights," "Cool Runnings" and several other health- and fitness-related blogs. She has also contributed to her town's tri-club newsletter. Goldfarb obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of Central Florida and is currently pursuing a degree in emergency medical services.