There are a few things synonymous with love and Valentine's Day, chocolate covered strawberries definitely being one of them. These delicious treats are always well-received, and, on the healthier side of the dessert spectrum. This recipe is even healthier, straight from the babes over at Golden Ratio, a supplement brand created by Bizzie Gold (also the founder of Buti Yoga!).
The protein powders are chockfull of incredible ingredients and are even grain-, dairy- and gluten-free, keto and paleo-friendly, and only sweetened with coconut sugar! Adding this secret ingredient to your melted chocolate gives you a boost of plant protein, collagen, MTC (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which support cognitive function and assist with weight management, and Lo Han Go (Monk Fruit), an herbal sweetener used frequently in Traditional Chinese Medicine, helps to calm the joints and soft tissues in the body. I mean...... WHY NOT?! Up the nutritional value in your V-Day dessert while keeping the taste 100% and leave you FEELING 100%.
Here's how to make 'em:
- 2 lbs of fresh organic strawberries
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (recommended brand: Enjoy Life)
- 1 + 1/2 scoop Golden Chocolate Ratio
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in Chocolate Golden Ratio
- Dip strawberries in the chocolate and coat evenly
- Let dry for 1 hour