Matcha is incredibly high in antioxidants, which is one of the reasons for it's boom in the wellness scene the past few years (on top of the fact that certain cultures have been using it forever!). Along with it's internal health benefits bring a lot of external benefits, when applied topically to the skin as a detox and antioxidant source — benefits like brightening, clearing and smoothing. We experimented with these DIY body scrubs and are incredibly impressed at the results. Take a look:
They're just a few steps and will last for awhile in the fridge. Try them out and let us know how you think on Instagram @LEAFtv!
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp matcha
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 1/2 tsp grapeseed oil
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and green tea. Then add the coconut oil, lavender and grapeseed oil
- Pour into a muffin tin and freeze for at least 15 minutes
- Pat tin to loosen the scrubs
- Keep in fridge until you're ready to use
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!