If you're trying to be healthy but the thought of cooking for every. single. meal. is daunting, this video is for you. For breakfast, make a big batch of granola ahead of time so that you have an on-the-go option for the whole week (and add chocolate chunks because why not?). For lunch, prep something that's easy to eat with lots of flavor so that you don't feel like you're depriving yourself of lunch at your local restaurant. For dinner, keep ingredients ready ahead of time so that you can heat 'em up in the oven and get on with your Netflix and chill.
Here are our favorite recipes to do JUST THAT:
Breakfast: Granola with Chocolate Chunks
This recipe may sound like a lot of ingredients but they're all baking essentials that you can continue to re-use. This granola will last in an airtight container for up to two weeks... if it even lasts that long.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
Here's how it's done:
- Melt your coconut oil and pre-heat your oven at 340 degrees
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and almond butter in a bowl then melt together over the stove top over medium heat
- In a bowl, add: oats, coconut flakes, flaxseed, chia seed and sea salt
- Spread in an even layer onto a baking sheet then drizzle the melted mixture on top
- Bake at 340 for 20-25 mins
- Once cooled, add the dark chocolate chunks
- Enjoy with almond milk, yogurt, or on it's own!
Lunch: Shrimp Spring Rolls
This is a fun take on a boring desk lunch. Bring the sauce in a separate container and your lunch will taste like it was just made. Don't like shrimp? Use rotisserie chicken, tofu, or just load up on veggies!
- 6 pieces of shrimp, cooked
- Rice paper
- Carrots, thinly sliced & peeled
- Bell peppers, thinly sliced & peeled
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dip rice paper in water for 1 minute, then lay onto a clean surface
- Add, in the middle, sliced carrots, bell peppers, spinach, basil and 2 pieces of shrimp
- Roll by folding the sides together then tucking the back over (like a burrito!)
- For the sauce, add peanut butter, hoisin sauce, coconut sugar, red pepper flakes, water and garlic clove, mix!
- Dip shrimp wrap into sauce and enjoy!
Dinner: Loaded Sweet Potato
You can make the sweet potato and chickpea salad the night before. Then all you need to do is heat up the sweet potato and load. it. up.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Ghee (we love 4th & Heart)
- Feta cheese
- Pumpkin seeds
- Fork holes in sweet potato, drizzle with olive oil then bake on a baking sheet at 400 for 45 mins (until tender)
- In a bowl, mix: chickpeas, parsley, garlic, lemon and sea salt
- Once sweet potato is ready (or heated), slice in half and spread a light layer of ghee
- Add sliced avocado, the chickpea mix, feta cheese and pumpkin seeds
Share your favorite healthy and easy recipes in the comments!