Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that includes white rice, beans, meat and fish—it's incredibly decadent and packed with flavor. We made a really simple "LEAF version" that is
almost as delicious as the real thing... and much easier to make, on a budget. This is the perfect meal to whip up whether you're entertaining friends or looking for a Sunday meal prep that you can enjoy for a few days throughout the work week. Here's how it's done:
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups short-grain brown rice
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 large pinches saffron
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Salt, to taste
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz green beans, sliced
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Fresh parsley
- In a deep skillet over medium-high, add 3 tbsp olive oil. Add onions and cook for 2 mins. Then add the rice and garlic, cook for 3 mins.
- Add your seasonings: paprika, red pepper flakes, saffron, cayenne and salt. Mix thoroughly then add 2 1/2 cups of water. Add the tomatoes and green beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and add shrimp, slightly pushing shrimp down. Cover and cook another 10-15 minutes, until shrimp are cooked through.
- Top with fresh parsley & enjoy!
Planning to make this recipe? Tag us in your final product on Instagram using #LEAFtv @LEAFtv!