Summer days are upon us (!!!!) which also means more time outside, more sun, #morelife! We already know that you have your sunscreen rituals on lock, but there is always the risk of staying out longer than expected and getting a little burnt. Introducing this DIY sunburn soother: totally natural, easy to make, lasts the whole summer (if you don't use it all) and feels amazing on your skin. Here's how it's done:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large tbsp shea butter
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mix shea butter, coconut oil and avocado oil in a microwave-safe bowl
- Melt for 10-15 seconds
- In a separate bowl, mix the aloe vera gel, rose water and peppermint essential oil
- When the oil mix is at room temperature, start to whip with an electric mixer while slowly adding the aloe vera mix
- Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until firm
- Rub into any burnt areas!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!