A Tassimo coffee maker produces single-serving coffees using individual pucks. These small pucks contain the ingredients to produce coffee or another hot beverage. The coffee maker is relatively straightforward to use, although different steps can be taken to make specific recipes or blends. There is also a recommended process for cleaning the machine.
To make a single drink:
- Turn on the Tassimo brewer and ensure there is enough water in the water tank.
- Place a T DISC, barcode side down, in the brewing unit, located at the top of the machine.
- Close the lid of the brewing unit, ensuring the lid is firmly shut.
- Place a cup directly under the dispensing area of the machine.
- Push the Start-Stop button.
As each brewer is programmed to dispense the exact amount of water required for a single serving of a beverage, there is no need to manually stop the machine from brewing.
Tassimo machines need to be prepped before they can be used to brew drinks. To prep the filtration system:
- Fill the water tank after rinsing it out.
- Plug in the machine.
- Turn the machine on using the On/Off switch, so that all indicator lights flash.
- Place a 7 ounce mug on the cup stand and open the brewing mechanism.
- Place the T DISC cleaning disc with the barcode face down in the brewing unit.
- Tightly close the brewing unit, wait 5 seconds, and press the Start-Stop button.
- Open and close the brewing unit, but do not remove the T DISC cleaning disc.
- Wait until the heating light switches to auto, then press the Start-Stop button again.
- Repeat the last three steps.
- Remove the T DISC cleaning disc — do not throw it out — and brew your first Tassimo drink.