In light of its nutrition benefits, which may lead to healthy aging, avocado has gained much popularity over the past few years. The composition of avocado, with its large amount of phytochemicals and a variety of other nutrients, also appears to offer beauty benefits. Its humectant properties help to retain moisture, and together with coconut oil and olive oil, avocado oil can penetrate the hair shaft. This makes avocado a good hair treatment for deep conditioning purposes. Here's a simple hair mask to soften the hair and make it more shiny.
- Half avocado
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Fine tooth comb
- Clear plastic wrap (optional)
Lilly Wallace With a fork, mash half avocado pulp into a bowl until a creamy consistency is reached. Add coconut oil and olive oil to the avocado, and mix the three ingredients.
Lilly Wallace Apply the mixture to your hair, then comb it to ensure that the mixture is evenly applied. Concentrate most of the mixture on the lengths of the hair.
If your scalp tends to get very oily, avoid applying the mask to the roots.
Use a fine-tooth comb to distribute the mask more evenly.
- To minimize the discomfort of wearing a messy, oily mask that can start to drip, use clear plastic wrap to wrap your hair.
- Keep the mask on for at least 20 minutes and then wash your hair as per your usual hair care routine.