Start to Finish: 5 minutes
Video of the Day
Difficulty Level: Easy
The velvet hammer is a creamy cocktail that has a sweet taste and a thick, creamy texture. It's a mixed drink, and its ingredients can vary. The velvet hammer can be made with vodka, coffee liqueur, triple sec and cream. You can use flavored triple sec to experiment with the taste and choose between heavy cream or a half-and-half cream, depending on the consistency you prefer.
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce white crème de cacao
- 1/2 ounce Tia Maria coffee liqueur
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 1/2 ounces half-and-half cream
- Chill a wet martini glass in the freezer for about 15 minutes to keep the cocktail cool.
- Put the vodka, creme de cacao, coffee liqueur, triple sec and cream in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Put a cocktail strainer over the mouth of the shaker; pour the cocktail into the chilled martini glass and serve.