Start to Finish: 30 minutes
A Starbucks Mocha Coconut Frappuccino®
- 1/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, frozen in an ice cube tray — about 8 cubes
- 3/4 cup chilled coffee, brewed at double strength, or 1 shot of chilled espresso
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- Canned whipped cream
Heat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the coconut in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Toast it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir it occasionally as it toasts so it browns evenly. Set aside.
Put the coconut milk cubes, the strong coffee, 1/4 cup milk, chocolate syrup and optional coconut extract in the container of a kitchen blender. Start blending the mixture on low and gradually raise the speed to high until the mixture is smooth. Add additional milk if you prefer a thinner texture.
Pour the blended drink into a large glass. Top with several squirts of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup and the toasted coconut.