December is arguably the busiest, most stressful time of year. Between deadlines, reviews, gift-giving and endless holiday parties, no wonder why we need to make “resolutions” every January 1st. In the midst of the craziness, it’s essential to find some “me time” and allow yourself to indulge in self-care. One of the easiest ways to do that is to literally turn your home into a relaxing, empowering spa oasis. So, we consulted with Zeel’s Chief Marketing Officer, Cynthia Irons, to dish on the best tips to make that happen. Let’s get started:
1. Declutter. A clear space equals a clear mind. Straighten up your home, put clothes away, unload the dishwasher, clear the mail and tidy up. You will be surprised how such a menial task can help to put your mind at ease and allow you to truly relax.
2. Use Aromatherapy. A spa oasis should be a relaxing experience for all your senses, specifically your sense of smell. Aromatherapy uses natural oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to enhance psychological and physical well-being. Pick up some essential oils like lavender, valerian or jasmine, which all have strong relaxation properties to elevate tranquility and mood, promote sleep, and ultimately help you to unwind at the end of a long day.
Diffusers are one of the best ways to reap the benefits of essential oils, there are even diffusers for the shower, that instantly transform your bathroom into a tranquil paradise. If you do not own a diffuser, simply add a few drops of essential oil to a hot bath or even your favorite body lotion, to stimulate the various healing properties.
3. Set the mood. Dim the lights, throw on a plush robe or comfy pajama set, and grab your favorite throw. Light some candles and pour yourself a glass of wine or warm cup of tea. Turn on soothing music or calming sounds of nature. The ultra-serene environment and flickering candlelight will make the simplest things feel luxurious and relaxing.
4. Book yourself the best spa-quality in home massage. Who needs the spa when you can get a five-star massage in the comfort of your own home. Zeel offers top quality massages from licensed, vetted massage therapists in as little as an hour. Download the Zeel Massage app, or go to Zeel.com, choose the massage technique you’d like, specify the time and location of your massage and the gender of your Zeel Massage Therapist. The process is super simple and within a few swipes, you are booked and ready to relax.
Zeel Massage Therapists arrive with the massage table, massage lotion, and music…everything needed for a spa-quality massage, at home. Find a spot in your home where you feel most relaxed. If you associate the area with chores such as laundry or ironing, avoid it, as you won’t be able to truly relax if you are busy thinking about all that needs to be done.
5. Pamper yourself. Pick up a fancy face mask from your favorite beauty spot or DIY with a soothing and brightening mask (lemon, manuka honey and tumeric are a glowing combo). Not only does lathering on the sweet scented product feel luxurious, once applied, all you have to do is lay back, relax and let the magic happen. Not a face mask person? Try soaking washcloths in ice water (bonus points for essential oil-infused water), ring out, then roll up. Place the washcloth rolls on a cookie sheet in a single layer and place them in the freezer. Once towels are frozen solid, lay a frozen towel on your face or forehead and slowly unroll as it thaws. Instant spa treatment!
Now, GO RELAX!