Alfredo is one of those indulgent dishes you just have to have every once in a while. If you're sensitive to dairy, though, it can be a tough one to digest. Insert this one-pot vegan alfredo that will seriously make your day. You'll probably wonder why you ever ate dairy-based alfredo to begin with (although if you prefer dairy, this is a pretty great recipe).
The secret to this dish is the cashew cream. Cashews really are a miracle nut for both sweet and savory plant-based dishes that need a creamy finish. The trick is to soak them overnight or boil them if you're in a time crunch.
- ½ package Fettuccine noodles (8 oz)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add broth and water to a deep pan or pot on the stovetop on medium heat
- Add noodles once liquid is bubbling
- Keep an eye on your noodles to make sure they cook evenly and don't stick to the pan (you made need to add splashes of additional water to prevent sticking)
- While noodles are boiling, blend soaked raw cashews with water and minced garlic until creamy
- Once noodles are done, add garlic cashew cream and salt to taste
- Sprinkle on nutritional yeast and mix into noodles and sauce
- Top with chopped parsley for garnish if you wish
And that's it! If your sauce is thicker than you'd prefer, just add water to thin it out a bit. I can guarantee this pasta will please just about any crowd. In fact, don't tell your friends and family it's actually dairy-free and they probably won't know the difference!
This is a very simple and delicious dish made so easy that you'll want to add it into your weekly rotation.