The words “vegan” and “plant based” are popping up more and more in the food industry, even for those that don't subscribe to a specific diet. Maybe you’ve been tempted to give it a shot, but the thought of omitting small (but very important) flavor additions to your meals deter you, because nobody wants to follow a bland and boring diet. Well, you'll be happy to know that the world of vegan cuisine can actually be super flavorful, and very easy to do at home. This creamy, slightly spicy, magical sauce is completely dairy free, but you’d never know it! What’s the secret? It’s all in the cashews.
- 1 cup raw cashews (whole or pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Not only is this sauce some of the best tasting stuff out there, but it’s incredibly simple to make, and who doesn’t love that? All you need are three simple ingredients, a blender and you’re good to go!
- Put cashews in a bowl and fill with water until they float. Let soak for at least 5-6 hours if possible. Overnight is best. If you’re in a hurry, fill your bowl with boiling water and soak for 1-2 hours.
- Strain cashews
- Add cashews to blender
- Add 1 cup water
- Add 1-2 chipotle peppers and some of the sauce from the can if you wish
- Blend for 5-7 minutes on high
You’re done!! You should have a smooth, creamy sauce that can work as a pasta sauce, salad dressing, dip—pretty much anything! You can also drizzle it on top of soups or bowls to add a little extra kick of flavor.
More Related Articles
- 4 Great Resources For The New Plant-Based Eater
- 7 Swaps To Make Your Favorite Foods Plant-Based
- 5 Healthy Crockpot Recipes You'll Want To Make Tonight
- Butternut Squash & Kale Shakshuka feat. Dzung Duong
- How to Add Vanilla Extract to Plain Yogurt
- What Is Appropriate Attire for a First Communion Party?