The afternoon slump featuring fatigue, hunger and boredom is REAL. It happens to the best of us, and often leaves us reaching for either a second (err, third?) cup of coffee, trail mix or bag of chips. But now, enter our nutrient-dense solution of healthy fats!!! These peanut butter energy bites are high in fats that are considered "brain food," to help you focus, satiate and energize you. The recipe can also be made with your favorite butter such as almond, sunflower or hazelnut. You can add more superfoods like coconut flakes, goji berries, matcha powder, and more.
Keep them in your office fridge—but be sure to label them otherwise they will be gone in minute—and snack on them whenever you feel that slump coming on. Note that we do recommend only having one per day! Here's the recipe:
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 3 1/2 tbsp to 1 cup peanut butter, no sugar added (can be subbed for your go-to nut butter)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 dates
- Coconut oil, to coat your hands
- In a bowl, combine everything except the dates
- In a food processor, add the dates and the peanut butter mix
- Blend well until combined and creamy
- Coat your hands in coconut oil to prevent sticking, then roll the batter into 2-3 tbsp sized balls
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and continue to store in the fridge when you want a snack! Will last up to 10 days.