A beauty product that you can feel good about because it's full of natural ingredients ~and~ can be made in batches for gifts?! Yes please! This DIY lip balm has a subtle rose tint from beet root powder and superpower moisturizing properties from avocado oil. Avocado oil is an incredible addition to your beauty routine, perhaps more than coconut, because it's loaded with antioxidants that nourish the skin without clogging pores. We're partial to this non-GMO version.
This balm is made in just three steps, and we highly recommended presenting them in little containers like these. This is such a great gift for all of the lovely women in your life, scroll down to see what you need.
Here's how it's done:
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp Primal Kitchen avocado oil
- 4 tbsp beeswax
- 2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 5 drops rose geranium essential oil
- 1/4 tsp organic beet root powder
- Melt the cocoa butter, avocado oil and beeswax together in a double boiler. Blend thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Before it solidifies, blend in the vitamin C oil, rose geranium essential oil, and beet root powder.
- Pour into your lip balm containers and allow to cool.