We're happy to share our recipe series with Neda Varbanova; certified IIN health coach and recipe creator with a certificate in Culinary Nutrition from the Natural Gourmet Institute. Follow her here: @healthywithnedi | healthywithnedi.com
Gazpacho is a bright, refreshing soup that is ideal for a hot summer day. This recipe uses gorgeous red tomatoes from the farmer's market that take the flavor to a whole other level. The fresher the ingredients are, the better the gazpacho will taste. Gazpacho is high in vitamins A, E, C and antioxidants mainly from the tomatoes and pepper, which slows down aging and protect from the common cold.
- 4 large tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Lime zest
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. I use a Vitamix, but you can do this in batches if you have a smaller blender
- Strain the mixture through a strainer, pushing all the liquid through with a spatula or the back of a ladle. Transfer to a large pitcher and chill in the fridge for a few hours
- Serve in glass bowls or glasses, top with basil and lime zest
Planning on making this recipe? Share your photos by tagging @leaftv on Instagram!
Neda Varbanova is a certified health coach and recipe creator who believes that healthy eating, fitness and a positive outlook are the key to realizing true health. Neda's food philosophy is inspired by her mother who has always prepared fresh daily meals with nothing short of simple, wholesome ingredients. When Neda arrived in New York during high school, she discovered that the American diet was lacking fresh foods and has been dedicated to inspiring others to incorporate healthy foods into their lives ever since.