Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we’re sharing easy, nutrient-dense recipes that compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl.
These quinoa crispy treats might be the easiest, most delicious healthy treat we’ve made yet. All you have to do is throw the ingredients in a bowl, pour, cool, and slice. No baking, no mess. An ode to your favorite rice crispy treat… But better. You can get creative with the recipe, too – chocolate lovers: add cacao powder and cacao nibs! Here’s how they’re made:
1 cup puffed quinoa
1 tbsp chia seeds
Dash of Himalayan salt
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp agave (or honey, maple syrup)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp almond butter
- In medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together
- Pour into a shallow, flat pan lined with parchment paper (this can be anything to help the bar form it’s shape)
- Flatten and harden down as much as you can, it should be about 1/2″ thick
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Cover with remaining parchment paper, freeze for at least 45 minutes, then transfer to the fridge 20 minutes prior to slicing
- Slice into bars, squares, bites!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!