Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we're sharing easy, nutrient-dense recipes that compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl. These quinoa crispy treats might be the easiest, most delicious healthy treat we've made yet. All you have to do is throw the ingredients in a bowl, pour, cool, and slice. No baking, no mess. An ode to your favorite rice crispy treat... But better. You can get creative with the recipe, too - chocolate lovers: add cacao powder and cacao nibs!
Here's how they're made:
1 cup puffed quinoa 1 tbsp chia seeds Dash of Himalayan salt 2 tbsp melted coconut oil 1 tbsp agave (or honey, maple syrup) 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp almond butter Cinnamon
- In medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together
- Pour into a shallow, flat pan lined with parchment paper (this can be anything to help the bar form it's shape)
- Flatten and harden down as much as you can, it should be about 1/2" thick
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Cover with remaining parchment paper, freeze for at least 45 minutes, then transfer to the fridge 20 minutes prior to slicing
- Slice into bars, squares, bites!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!