This is a very special recipe and cooking skill from Aliza of the Poppyseed Agency. It’s her grandma, Shari Scarf’s, very own kosher pickle recipe! We love pickles, but hate thinking about the amount of sodium that’s in the jars we buy at the store. Now you see, they’re super easy to make yourself – and amp up the flavor!
Try this out and let us know what you think in the comments!
1. Sterilize 6 mason jars in boiling water
2. Separately, bring 4-8 cups of water to a boil with 2-4 tsp of salt
3. In each mason jar add: handful of dill, peeled garlic cloves, 1/8 piece of jalapeno pepper (optional), 4-8 peppercorns and 2 quartered Persian cucumbers
4. Fill the jar with salted water
5. Seal & wait for 2 days (room temp)
DELISH! Serve with sandwiches, or nosh whenever you get that craving!