Did you know that starting your day with a positive activity directly connects to a more successful life within your career, relationships and overall health? Hitting the snooze button fives times, rolling out of bed and grabbing a coffee on your way to work can be the start of a long, low energy day.
When you wake up with a substantial amount of time to enjoy yourself before the chaos of your day begins, it's easier to feel accomplished and happy. If you dread the thought of waking up before 6 or 7 AM, you're not alone. Try setting your alarm 20 minutes earlier than usual, and eventually your internal clock will start rising earlier. A few things we love to do in the morning include:
- Oil Pulling: A relaxing Ayurveda practice that helps your digestive system, metabolism, gum health and teeth whitening.
- Practice Yoga: Waking up and getting a good stretch and/or sweat in can be the best thing for your body after 6-8 hours of sleep.
- Mini Spa Session: Give yourself a little pampering time with homemade beauty products and healing essential oils.
- Healthy Breakfast: Take time to make a nice heathy breakfast, in lieu of running out the door with a piece of toast or bag of granola. Make sure it's fiber and protein packed for fuel all morning!
- Fresh Juice: Getting your serving of fruit and vegetables before the day truly begins is a great feeling of satisfaction, of course juicing takes time and prep so it's not something which can be rushed.
Watch the playlist above & dish your favorite morning rituals in the comments below!