Over the last few years horse shampoo has grown in popularity with humans as a method for growing hair more quickly. Learning to find the right horse shampoo for your hair, where to purchase it and how to apply the shampoo can be most beneficial in understanding how your hair can grow with the best results.
Do your research
When deciding which brand of horse shampoo to use to grow your hair, you'll want to research which ones have the ingredients that enhance hair strength and growth. Consider shampoos with vitamins A, C, and E, biotin, and keratin. These are all key ingredients in hair growth.
- When growing out your hair, you'll want a shampoo that moisturizes and prevents breakage.
- Vitamins A, C, E, biotin and keratin can also be added at home to enhance your shampoo's performance for an additional cost by breaking capsules in the shampoo and mixing by shaking in the closed bottle.
Purchasing your shampoo
While you likely won't find it at the salon, horse shampoos can be purchased online, at pet stores and even in popular beauty supply stores. Shampoo is relatively inexpensive, ranging from around $4-6 for a 12 oz. bottle.
Applying the shampoo
Wet hair and apply horse shampoo in place of your regular shampoo. Next, work through your hair with fingertips, then rinse thoroughly and follow with an application of conditioner. Continue to use the horse shampoo every time you wash your hair.
- Don't expect obvious immediate growth. The average person’s hair grows at a rate of ½ inch per month.
- Keeping your scalp and hair clean and eating well can improve your overall hair growth results.
- Some medications can affect hair growth. If you are taking medication, speak with your doctor about potential hair-related side effects.
- Over washing hair can cause damage and strip your hair of its natural oils that keep it moisturized. For best results, wash your hair two to four times a week. If hair gets oily, apply dry shampoo between washes.