A trend that is sweeping fashion everywhere right now is the triumphant return of cuffed or rolled-up jeans. This a fashion statement that originated during the 1950s with the onset of rock 'n' roll, Elvis Presley, and the appearance of the "Greasers" such as James Dean. Whether you are looking at Vogue magazine or following style blogs, it seems rolled-up jeans are on everyone this season, making a retro comeback by the masses.
For the Guys: A popular style of jean men are wearing these days are the "skinny" jean. These skinny jeans are being rolled up and cuffed around the world too.
Here's how to create a casual look with rolled up jeans:
During the 1950's, men were always wearing sports coats and ties. You can also dress up your rolled up jeans for a more "professional" type look that would also be ideal to wear for a special evening out. Accomplish this style by putting these items together:
To release your inner bad boy, start by slicking back your hair or getting it cut into a pompadour style and by selecting a baggier jean, such as a "boot cut" or "relaxed" fit and pairing it with Harley Davidson motorcycle boots and a classic leather jacket that fits your style.
For the girls: Another popular jean that looks smashing with the '50s throwback style is the "boyfriend" jean. For a perfect weekend outfit or casual look that is reminiscent of the female version of the "Greaser" pair your cuffed jeans with:
Another popular way to roll up your jeans for an instant 1950s look is to dress in a "Rockabilly" style. You can achieve this by selecting a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans and pairing it with:
- a classic cotton gingham button front blouse
- Classic black stilettos or high heels
- Gold hoop or large floral earrings
- Accessorize with a head scarf such as red bandana
By utilizing these few tips, you will be able to pull together an instant 1950's inspired look while catching the eyes of anyone who is into a current and very trendy style.
- How To Create the Cat's Eye Look
- How To Do Roackabilly Hairstyles for Women
- Heels vs. Pumps
- Instructions for Chandelier Earrings
- How to Properly Wear Women's Leather Motorcycle Jacket
- Leather Jacket Style Guide for Men
- How to Find a Harley Davidson Clothing Retailer
- The Difference Between Loose & Relaxed Fit Jeans
- How To Cut a Pompadour
- How to Lace Oxford Shoes
- How to Tie a Bow Tie
- How to Select a Sports Coat
- The Difference Between Loafers and Boat Shoes
- The Best Men's White TShirts