This is part of our #WakeUpWith series, where we're taking you inside the homes of our favorite lifestyle tastemakers and professionals to get a glimpse into their morning rituals and share tips for a successful day.
To say that this episode was a thrill to film would be an understatement, Jenefer Palmer's sweet nature and free spirit was contagious. As the founder and formulator behind leading natural beauty brand, OSEA Malibu, she is serious #goals. She let us into her Malibu home to get a glimpse into her authentic morning routine including a multitasking workout, killer vegan waffle recipe, skincare and love for espresso. Take a look:
8:15, Meditation In Bed
"I start my day in bed meditating and I end my day meditating myself to sleep, because no matter what, I know I'm gonna wake up and go to sleep everyday which means I'm going to meditation twice per day," says Jenefer.
8:30, Walk & Talk
"I gotta tell you, I can't be bothered to change, I gotta get out of bed and go straight into this, because if I wait... it's never gonna happen."
Pro tip: call your long distance BFF to catch up during a long cardio sesh! Jenefer and her friend get their workout on "together," while catching up on all the news. It helps you stay accountable and makes it fun!
"This is the happiest moment of my day because it means I don't have to workout for another 24 hours!"
Jenefer formulated the Essential Hydrating Oil in 1981, it was her first product, and she's used it every day since. Next is the Hyaluronic Sea Serum, which is a combination of 3 molecular weights of hyaluronic acid and 3 seaweed extracts. With minimalism and hydration in mind, she follows it up with the Advanced Atmosphere Protection Cream as a barrier on the skin.
10:00, Breakfast, Coffee & Supplements
"Why blend your breakfast when you can put it all in a waffle and have it with maple syrup in the morning?" ...YES to all of this. "A trick that I have is taking 1/2 tsp baking powder and activating it with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, it starts to fizz," this keeps the gluten-free waffles fluffy, says Jenefer.
Screenshot this recipe:
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup gluten + dairy-free pancake mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup+ kombucha (add more or less for desired consistency!)
- Blueberries and maple syrup, to top
- Mix baking powder and apple cider vinegar together until it fizzes
- Add pancake mix, olive oil, chia seeds, maca powder and kombucha
- Mix it all up
- Pour onto a non-stick waffle iron
- Top with blueberries and maple syrup!
More Related Articles
- 12 Little Ways To Boost Your Morning, Straight From The Pros
- How A Successful Entrepreneur, Yogi & Mom Starts Her Day
- The Morning Routine Of Kathryn Budig While She Travels
- The Key Ingredient To Glowing Skin, from The Beauty Chef
- WATCH: Hannah Bronfman's Morning Rituals
- Wellness Trends To Watch In 2018