Crystals and gemstones are believed to harness some major healing properties—starting millions of years ago when they were first discovered. Even today, the popularity of crystals in the wellness industry has sky rocketed (as you saw in this video) with hopes of reducing anxiety, improving channels of communication, energy, focus, joy... you name it.
💎 But, does it matter where they're sourced? Where do you even find them? Which ones should you get?!! 💎
Well, first of all, yes! It matters where you get them. If you are looking to crystals for their healing properties, you want to make sure they're sourced authentically. The industry is so popular that there are a lot of phonies out there.
Now, where can you get them? There are shops all over the world that sell crystals and gemstones, but I had the chance to visit the Astro Gallery of Gems in NYC last week (you might have seen on IG stories) and I have to say that it was: IMPRESSIVE. They had every single crystal imaginable in any size you could ever want. Their buyer travels all over the world to source the finest treasures possible; it is his life's passion and runs in the family. The Astro Gallery of Gems is a family-owned business that opened in 1961, housing crystals, gems, minerals and fossils ranging from $10 to $300,000.
If spiritual "crystal healing" isn't your thing, there's no doubt that these babies can completely change the look and feel of any room in your home, from a décor standpoint. They're pretty much the perfect gift for anyone and everyone on your holiday list, IMO. I was never a "believer" in crystals, even going through a yoga teacher training, moving to LA and becoming the editor of this site, I just liked the way they look and pretty much rolled my eye at most enthusiasts. (TBH!)
BUT! I decided to give them a chance a few months ago, buying black tourmaline, quartz, labradorite and citrine. And I have to tell you, I think they work!... If you want them to (like most things). Regardless, my home is much more beautiful than it was before.
And lucky for you, Astro Gallery of Gems is hosting a maaajor sale this holiday season.
If you're in NYC, on Black Friday they're offering 25% off all items. If you're not, on Cyber Monday they're offering 25-30% off site wide (you can shop that here)!!! You're welcome.
Here is a ~very~ brief overview on some of the top-selling crystals:
- Black Tourmaline: Protects against negative energy, encourages positive attitudes and good luck.
- Labradorite: Helps open your communication channels and (some say) provide you with psychic powers.
- Citrine: This is a beautiful yellow-to-brown variety of quartz, it's said to carry the power of the sun and promote imagination and creativity.
- Quartz: It's considered an amplifier of energy—there are many variations that provide different properties. Check out this incredible citrine quartz from Brazil for just $119 (before the sale!), and this stunning rose quartz (love stone!!!) from Brazil for $69!
- Pyrite: This is like a protective shield, it can protect you against all negative energies, it's also the beauty in the first .gif above!
- Amethyst: This helps with physical ailments, emotional issues, and balancing of the chakras. The selection of various amethyst from all over the world on Astro's website is amazing, with prices starting at $40 here.
- Apophyllite: This helps enhance your intuition and ultimately trust yourself and those you love. They tend to be more pricey but just look at how gorgeous they are (here)!!
You just need to find the one that works for what you need. If you're gifting, almost anyone can identify with one or all of these gems within a certain sector of their life. The folks at Astro Gallery of Gems even said that some people have to walk in and out of the front door multiple times because the "energy is too strong"... now, I don't know if that's a common reaction but I DO believe that these minerals have magic in them, it's up to you to believe it. Or just marvel at their good looks 😉