What is a blood tonic? Besides something that sounds super witchy, it's a drink that celebrity nutritionist and cleanse expert, Elissa Goodman, coined as her every day detox green juice. The ingredients, by themselves, are nutritional powerhouses that have incredible detox properties. Together, it's a blood-cleaning force titled: The Blood Tonic. Watch the morning routine video with Elissa below for a glimpse into how she makes it, and why:
Now that you've seen all of Elissa's morning rituals including her non-negotiable supplements, green juice and yoga routine... Here's the details on the juice:
- 1 bundle of celery, "celery has compounds that are really concentrated, so it's amazing for rebuilding hydrochloric acid, detoxifying the liver and taking mineral salts to the neurotransmitters in your brain," says Elissa.
- 1 small cucumber, "a huge water source and helps detox the kidneys."
- 1 bunch of parsley, "amazing for detoxing heavy metals out of the body."
- 1 bunch of dandelion greens, "great for liver detoxifying."
- One inch of turmeric, "for anti-inflammatory."
- One inch of ginger, "for immunity and also anti-inflammatory."
- 1 lemon, "for cleansing"
JUICE! ✨ ✨ ✨
Visit Elissa on Instagram @elissagoodman