IT'S HERE!!! The first ever LEAFtv cooking video where your hosts, Sam Negrin & Branché Foston, are talking you through the recipes that are going down in our test kitchen. This is long-awaited, so, WELCOME!
It only felt right to show you how to make something that's easy, healthy and convenient for breakfast. Drum rolllll... Baked Egg Frittata Cups! This is our "kitchen sink" version where we're basically throwing all of the leftover veggies we have into the batter. You can fancy them up by having flavor profiles such as Mediterranean, or adding some breakfast meat like bacon or sausage. The point is: These are full of protein and nutrients that are essential in getting your day off to the right start. You can defrost them in the oven while you're getting ready for work and be out-the-door in 15 minutes flat. Here's the recipe:
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, cut into small pieces (we used: broccoli, spinach, bell peppers, cilantro)
- 1 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup reserved for topping muffins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl, add 8 eggs and whisk together well
- Add flour and baking powder, mix until well-combined. Optional to use an electric mixer here, just be careful not to over-mix
- Add vegetables, herbs and 1/2 cup cheese into the egg mix
- Pour batter into a well-oiled muffin tin, then top with leftover cheese
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, then allow to cool
- Store in freezer (after the muffins are completely room temperature) for up to two weeks!
What else do you want to see from us?! Dish in the comments below!