A frosty classic, strawberry daiquiri is difficult for anyone to pass up, especially during the summer! This recipe is a blend of frozen strawberries, homemade syrup and of course some rum. Sweet and refreshing, this strawberry daiquiri is adapted from both the kitchn and Liquor.com. Add your own spin and customize your drink by trying adding in fresh herbs! (Pro Tip: Mint is perfect for summer!) Serves 4.
- 3/4 cup rum
- 2 ounces peach schnapps
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 1 ounce rose water
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Slice of lime
- White granulated sugar
- Mint leaves
- Heat the sugar and water together in a small sauce pan until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Blend the cooled simple syrup, frozen strawberries, alcohols, lime juice and ice in a blender.
*Pulse blend to ensure that all chunks are puréed. If the mix is too stiff to pour or purée easily, add lime juice, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Rum Choice: While white rum is the standard choice for daiquiris, a high-quality dark rum will produce a smoother, more elegant beverage.
- Sugar Rim: Rub the rims of four tall glasses with the slice of lime, and then dip them into the granulated sugar. Pour the daiquiri into the four glasses, and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- Add fruits: Use a blend of frozen fruits instead of only strawberries to produce a daiquiri variation.
- Creamy Consistency: Add 2 ounces coconut milk, cream or yogurt before blending to produce a creamy version of this classic drink.
- Add Herbs: To give this cocktail an herbal twist, add 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mint or rosemary before blending the daiquiri.