This salad is satisfying and fresh - plus easily made the night before. It's a great go-to work week lunch! Fun fact: Waldorf Salad got it's name in the 1890's from chef Oscar Tschirky at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in NYC.
- ½ cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet apple, cored + diced
- ½ cup red seedless grapes
- ½ cup slightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp pepper & ½ tsp salt
- Optional: diced chicken
- Fresh lettuce bed, for serving
- In a bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Combine with celery, fruit and nuts
- Optional: add chicken
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce
Share this recipe with friends using the social links above!