If the thought of cooking an entire turkey for Thanksgiving intimidates you, we get it. Nevermind the long cooking hours and handling of the 15 lb bird, there is a really delicate balance between dry and moist. And we can all agree, no one wants a dry turkey for Thanksgiving. So we teamed up with Aliza Sokolow to show you how to make an incredibly flavorful, easy-to-make Thanksgiving turkey.
Here's how it's done:
- After you've rinsed & dried your turkey, set aside.
- Over medium heat, gently pour turkey stock, butter, 3-4 sprigs of thyme, 3 garlic cloves and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a large roasting pan, stuff with 1/2 fennel bulb, 1/4 lemon, 1/2 onion, 3-4 garlic cloves. Fold wings & tuck tips underneath then tie with twine.
- Soak a double layer of cheese cloth in your sauce & wrap tightly around the turkey.
- Gently pour the remaining sauce over turkey, letting the garlic and herbs sit on top
- Roast at 425 for 45 minutes. Lower heat to 375 & roast another 15 minutes per pound. Remove when the center of the thigh is at 160 degrees.
Happy Thanksgiving! Share this easy recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!