Whether you are traveling a lot or vowing to workout at home more often, this sequence is an amazing intermediate level workout that you can do ANYWHERE. This is a combination of body weight exercises, yoga, and HIIT movements that will leave you sweaty, strong and toned. Try this out at home and send us your sweaty selfies #leaftv!
Here are the instructions:
- High knees for one minute.
- Tuck jump to a modified burpee: jump back and do one (or two!) push ups.
- Move your right hand to the center and lift into a side plank, extending your left arm straight up. Make sure your wrists and shoulders are in one line.
- Place your hand down, then step your right foot in between hands. Place your right hand down and lift your left hand up as you twist.
- Place your hand down, then immediately 1) touch your right knee to nose, 2) knee to right tricep, 3) knee to left tricep.
- Place your right foot forward again and lift into a high lunge. Keep your right knee above your ankle as you lunge your back knee to the floor 3x.
- Lift off your back leg to come to standing, lots of core strength here! Try to balance as you stretch over your left leg. Optional: Grab a towel if you can't reach your foot!
- Lower into a modified pistol with your belly engaged, only bend your knee as much as you can - you don't need to come all the way down! You can add a stretch by touching your nose to knee when you travel down and come back up.
- Carefully step the leg back, and do two push ups. Keep your elbows at a 60 degree angle to the torso, this prevents your shoulders hiking up towards your ears.
- Move to seated (in any way that you can, you don't need to float through!), and extend your legs straight up with a long, lifted spine.
- Inhale, lower down. Exhale, lift up. Repeat this x3.
- Come to standing and repeat on the left side! Repeat this sequence 4 times!!!
*Made with Sam Negrin, resident LEAF-girl and founder of All Good Health.
Share this workout with your friends by clicking the social links above!