A handful of LEAF employees been doing the ancient Ayurvedic practice of oil pulling for about one year now. And we can honestly that: IT WORKS! We know that the process sounds a little strange (swishing oil around your mouth for 20 minutes), but, the benefits far outweigh the initial WTF reaction.
Read the benefits below:
- Whitens teeth
- Strengthens gums
- Reduces and prevents plaque build-up
- Pulls bacteria out of the mouth, teeth, gums, throat
- Promotes gut health
- Rev's up your metabolism
- Helps cure hangovers
- Helps with bad breath
Ummm... have we hooked you yet?!
Here's how to do it:
- Choose your organic, cold-pressed, unrefined oil: Sesame, Sunflower or Coconut (we love these easy-to-use coconut oil packets)
- Measure out 1 tsp to 1 tbsp, whatever you're comfortable with - work your way up
- Swish it around in your mouth anywhere from 10-15 minutes, 20 max
- Spit it out into a cup, discard in trash or toilette (it will be a milky, watery substance)
- Rinse your mouth out with salt water
- Brush your teeth as you normally would
The first box in The Year Of Wellness subscription box, Detox, includes 3 coconut oil packets that can help introduce you to oil pulling. Learn more and subscribe here!
*Find the time to do this when you FIRST wake up. You can either go sit back in bed, do your dishes, read a magazine, get your breakfast prepared... whatever! *Make sure you DO NOT swallow the oil, it's where all of the toxins are going! *Brush your teeth immediately after.