If there's one breakfast that we never get sick of and always recommend, it's chia pudding. The flavor profile is so malleable, whether you're craving blueberry or chocolate, there is always a healthy concoction you can whip up with some chia seeds and nut milk. The best part is probably the fact that all you do is prepare the night before and breakfast is literally ready the next morning! #winning.
This recipe is a simple coconut flavor that's creamy and delicious, it can be topped with your favorite fruits and super foods for a little oomph. Chia seeds are an incredible source of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, plus the additional healthy fats we're getting from the coconut milk. If you're interested in updating the flavor a notch, add a teaspoon of raw cacao powder and cacao nibs!
Here's how it's done:
Ingredients: 2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 can full-fat coconut milk (lots of the creamy part)
3 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2-1 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl
- Whisk together vigorously to dissolve any clumps
- Refrigerate for 5 hours minimum, recommended overnight
- Scoop into a coconut for extra health benefits! (you can eat the coconut meat!)
- Top with your favorite super foods and fruits, we chose smashed raspberries and shredded coconut
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!