If you are hosting the holidays, that often means spending hours upon hours in the kitchen; And if we can help you make one portion of it quick and easy, it's definitely dessert. This Cranberry, Pear & Gingersnap Crumble by Aliza Sokolow is without-a-doubt one of the easiest and impressive sweets we have had this season. The flavors are pronounced and fresh, it can be prepared ahead of time and it's bound to be gone by the end of the night (no leftovers!).
Here's how it's made:
1 cup gingersnap crumbs 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1/3 cup 3 tbsp light brown sugar 1/8 tsp ground ginger 1/8 tsp kosher salt 1 stick of butter, melted 2 lbs Anjou pears, halved + cored + sliced 1/4" thick 1 1/2 cup cranberries 1 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 tsp lemon zest 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/3 cup granulated sugar 2 tbsp cornstarch Vanilla ice cream, to top
- For the crumble, combine: gingersnap crumbs, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, ground ginger and kosher salt. Slowly add the melted butter & mix until large crumbs form.
- Create the filling, combine: pears, cranberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, 1/3 cup sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Assemble: in a cast-iron skillet, first add the fruit mix and top with the crumble.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!