Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we’re sharing easy, nutrient-dense recipes & tips that compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl. We're all about satisfying our cravings, but once-in-awhile treats shouldn't turn into everyday "treats" (hence the word treat!). What do we mean by once-in-awhile treats? Processed candy, chocolate, ice cream, sodas, etc. It's hard to go cold turkey, so a good way to satisfy these cravings is with better, good-for-you ingredients. Watch below and see what we're talking about!
- Trade fried french fries for baked sweet potato fries, they're high in vitamins A & C, and a great source of magnesium.
- Trade processed chocolate bars for good quality, fair-trade chocolate that's 70% cacao content or higher.
- Trade processed candy for nature's candy (really!): dates.
- Toss soda for kombucha, it's a great source of probiotics and 10x less sugar!
- Trade sugar & dairy-filled ice cream for frozen banana "ice cream" (it's incredibly delicious): just mix 1 frozen banana with a drizzle of honey and top with cacao nibs.
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!