Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Sweet and salty, M&M pretzel treats taste like chocolate-covered pretzels, but they have brighter colors and require less work. These bite-size desserts include only 3 ingredients, and you can make as many or as few as you want.
- 20 square or rectangular pretzels
- 20 chocolate kiss candies
- 20 M&M’s
Heat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet. Unwrap the chocolate kisses and place 1 in the center of each pretzel.
Bake the pretzels for 2 minutes. The chocolates should be shiny and should still hold their shape but be soft enough to indent with a finger. If they’re not yet at this point, return them to the oven for 1 additional minute.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Immediately press 1 M&M into each chocolate kiss.
Refrigerate the baking sheet for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm.
Dress Up the Treats
Using colorful designs and artful toppings, make your treats look as sweet as they taste.
Press multiple M&M’s into the chocolate to create bright flowers. For instance, place a yellow candy at the center of the pretzel and ring it with pink or blue candies. If you have the time for something more labor intensive, cut small petal shapes out of fruit leather and arrange those around the center candy, or use miniature marshmallows as flower petals.
Another option is to add more chocolate to the treats after they’re cool. Melt white or dark chocolate and pour it into a plastic sandwich bag. Make a small cut at one tip of the bag and drizzle the chocolate in swirls over the cooled treats, then refrigerate them for another 10 minutes.
Alternately, dip the pretzel side of each treat into melted chocolate. Set them, chocolate-side down, on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper before refrigerating the tray.
More Tricks to Try
Despite the simple list of ingredients, you can put your own spin on the flavors of your pretzel treats.
- Use dark chocolate kisses and dark chocolate M&M’s, or pair milk chocolate kisses with peanut butter M&M’s.
- Toast almonds and finely chop them. Sprinkle the nuts over the warm chocolate kisses before adding the M&M’s.
- Sprinkle sea salt or shredded coconut over the warm kisses before adding the M&M’s.
- Dust the warm treats with sparkling sugar or sprinkles.
- Put a small spoonful of peanut butter over an M&M and press a second pretzel on top to make a sweet sandwich.