With its high levels of bioactive phytochemicals, healthy monounsaturated fats and vitamin E, avocado has rightfully gained the title of superfood. However, avocado can do more than simply nourish you from the inside; it can be used topically to provide your skin with a softening, moisturizing, and repairing treatment.
Evidence shows that avocado can promote increased collagen synthesis and wound healing in rats. The oils contained in the avocado pulp are known to penetrate the skin layers deeper than most plant oils. In addition to that, avocado also has humectant properties, which help the skin to prevent moisture loss. Here's a quick, simple recipe for an avocado-based mask, that is going to offer relief to dry/dehydrated skin, and with the help of honey, is going soothe and promote the healing of any blemishes.
- Pulp of half avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey (preferably local, unrefined)
- Face mask brush or a flat foundation brush (optional)
- Scoop the meat of half avocado and place it into a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash it until creamy consistency is reached.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Apply to the skin with a spoon or a face mask brush and keep on for at least twenty minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.