Start to Finish: 5 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Beginner
There are a number of ways to create a Jolly Rancher cocktail that tastes just like its candied namesake. The basic components are vodka combined with a fruity liqueur, then topped off with a splash of juice and a squeeze of citrus, which blend to mimic the different flavors of these iconic hard candies. This libation can be served as a highball over ice or straight up in a martini glass.
Classic Jolly Rancher
This recipe is adapted from The Jolly Rancher Recipe from Drinks Mixer.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Midori melon liqueur
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- ½ teaspoon sweetened lime juice
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
Jolly Rancher — Watermelon
- 1 ounce watermelon-flavored vodka
- 1 ounce watermelon pucker Schnapps
- ½ ounce peach Schnapps
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
Jolly Rancher — Green Apple
- 2 ounces green-apple-flavored vodka
- 1 ounce peach Schnapps
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 1 slice of green apple, for garnish
- Use a cocktail shaker to blend the liquors and juices to create the different flavors.
- Fill the shaker with ice. Pour the specified amounts of the liquids into the shaker.
- Shake the ingredients for 10 seconds to create a well-blended frothy libation.
- Strain the cocktail into a highball glass over ice or into a martini glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with the appropriate adornment before serving.
The Rimmed Cocktail
Give your drink additional embellishment by rimming the glass with colorful cocktail sugar or crushed pieces of Jolly Rancher candies.
Pour colored cocktail sugar onto a small plate. Use a slice of orange and rub the juice around the rim of the glass.
Dip the glass straight into the sugar, turning the glass slightly so that the sugar sticks to the rim.
Place the glass into the freezer to set for 5 minutes before using to serve the cocktail.
Unwrap the Jolly Rancher candies in the flavor to coordinate with the cocktail. Or, use a variety of candies for a multihued effect.
Place the candy into a plastic zip-close bag. Use a rolling pin to break down the pieces and crush the candy into small bits.
Pour the crushed candy onto a small plate. Pour 2 tablespoons of corn syrup onto another plate.
Dip the glass into the syrup and allow the excess to drip off. Then dip the glass into the candy, pressing down so that the slivers affix to the rim.
Place the rimmed glass into the freezer for 5 minutes to set, before pouring in your libation and serving.
The candy rim was inspired by Bite Me More.
Create quirky-colored vodka infusions to use in these cocktails, or to combine with mixers to create fruity concoctions.
A Beautiful Mess advises that you add 12 Jolly Rancher candies of the same flavor to a clean clear, glass bottle. Pour in vodka to fill the bottle and cap tightly.
After the mixture has sat overnight, you’ll awake to a vividly hued bottle of alcohol that tastes just like the childhood candy favorite.
References and ResourcesDrinks Mixer: The Jolly Rancher Recipe
Bite Me More: Jolly Rancher Martini Recipe
A Beautiful Mess: Try This; Jolly Rancher Vodka