Have you ever come home late on a Wednesday night so f#%kin' hungry that you just devour all of the snacks in your pantry? Right. Us too. Snacking before dinner while you're in the process of cooking actual dinner can be pretty detrimental to your health. Even healthy snacking! But sometimes cooking seems more like a chore than a fun process, and when you're hangry anything can happen.
Enter this recipe: 8 minute salmon that's broiled with the most delicious set of flavors on top that your bf/roomie/gf/bff are going to beg to find out how you made it. How does it taste so good? It's ~marinaded~ (fancy, right?). You can do this the morning you leave for work — or even the night before — just make sure to omit the acids like lemon and lime, and you're on your way to a really, really good meal. Here's how it's done:
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp scallions, white part (Ed's note: this recipe calls for the whites of the scallions because we're broiling it, but the green part is totally good to use in other recipes, mistake in the video!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 bag off fresh spinach
- Pumpkin seeds
- Black rice (or your favorite rice), cooked
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 plastic bag
- Mix the olive oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce and honey in a bowl to make the marinade. Add the lime if you're doing this ~30 minutes before, if you're doing this ahead of time, use the lime as a drizzle before you put the salmon in the oven.
- Salt the salmon and pour 1/2 of the marinade over it in a plastic bag.
- Allow to sit for at least 25-30 minutes, up to 24 hours (without lime)!
- Prepare the simple salad of baby spinach and pumpkin seeds, drizzle some olive oil, lemon juice, S + P for the dressing.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and broil for 5-6 minutes. Remove, top with scallions and pour remaining marinade, then broil for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and salad!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!