Sweet Breakfast Quinoa
Quinoa is the ultimate health food. It's full of fiber, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and happens to be a complete protein. Quinoa is generally served savory (as a side or salad), but it also works as a sweet breakfast dish. So experiment swapping out your oatmeal and starting your day with this easy & nutritious recipe!
comments powered by
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Blueberries (or your favorite fruit)
1. Bring milk to a slight boil
2. Add quinoa and reduce to simmer
3. Stir in light brown sugar and cinnamon
4. Cook, covered, until milk is absorbed (8-10 mins)
5. Stir in fresh blueberries
*Turn this into a vegan dish by using almond, soy, rice or hemp milk.