How To Oil Pull
A couple of us have been doing the ancient Ayurvedic practice of oil pulling for about 6 months, ever since it first took over the interweb. And honestly - we're in love! We know it sounds a little strange, but, the benefits far outweigh the initial "what?! that's gross!" thought process. For instance...
- Whitens teeth
- Strengthens gums
- Reduces and prevents plaque build-up
- Pulls bacteria out of the mouth, teeth, gums, throat
- Promotes gut health
- Rev's up your metabolism
- Helps cure hangovers
- Helps with bad breath
Ummm... have we hooked you yet?! Here's how to do it:
- Choose your organic, cold-pressed, unrefined oil:
Sesame, Sunflower or Coconut (we love sesame, many people are advocates of coconut but the consistency takes more getting used to)
- Measure out 1 tsp to 1 tbsp, whatever you're comfortable with - work your way up
- Swish it around in your mouth anywhere from 10-15 minutes, 20 max
- Spit it out into a cup, discard in trash or toilette (it will be a milky, watery substance)
- Rinse your mouth out with salt water
- Brush your teeth as you normally would
comments powered by
*Find the time to do this when you FIRST wake up. You can either go sit back in bed, do your dishes, read a magazine, get your breakfast prepared... whatever!
*Make sure you DO NOT swallow the oil, it's where all of the toxins are going!
*Brush your teeth immediately after.