There's nothing quite like a fresh batch of pancakes on a lazy weekend morning. Our favorite thing about pancakes is that there are so many opportunities to get creative & mix up the flavors. We teamed up with Pancake Connoisseur, A Cozy Kitchen, to bring you these cozy coconut pancakes. They're fluffy and surprisingly light with just the right amount of coconut. Breakfast is served!
comments powered by
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup cream of coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted + cooled
- ½ cup coconut flakes
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
2. Separately, combine coconut milk, cream of coconut, egg and melted butter, beat together
3. Combine wet with dry
4. Fold in the coconut flakes
5. Preheat skillet with 1 ½ tsp butter, onto warm skillet scoop ½ cup batter (with spatula, shape pancake)
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes (until bubbles form) & flip!
7. Top with butter, drizzle heated maple syrup and sprinkle more coconut flakes
Visit A Cozy Kitchen for more recipes -- and check out Adrianna's BOOK -- "Pancakes: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Snack"
Available for purchase at the following websites:
Indie Bound: http://bit.ly/11eA9pd
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/18A8rrH